Education and Skill Requirements
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Completion of legal assistant program preferred or equivalent or two or more
years of college preferred or similar professional experience.
• Two years experience in the legal profession
• Class C driver’s license preferred.
• Bilingual preferred. (Spanish and English)
Other Qualifications, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Exceptional skill in the preparation and drafting of a variety of legal documents
and correspondence using prescribed format and conforming to all rules.
• Exceptional skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
with co-workers, Court Personnel, Judges, elected officials attorneys, and the
• Exceptional skill in reception, telephone etiquette, public relations including
management of problematical emotional individuals
• Exceptional skill in documenting, reading, understanding and maintaining legal
documents timely according to the Texas rules/codes of procedure.
• General skill in operating standard office equipment, such as personal
computers, calculators, and telephones.
• Familiarity with E-filing procedures and software a plus.
• Exceptional skill in managing a heavy workload without immediate supervision or
• General skill in expressing oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in
Under general supervision of the District Attorney and the First Assistant District
Attorney legal assistant will screen, review, analyze and organize case-related
material required for Court presentation and management in the Court. Performs
a variety of administrative and clerical support functions for the District Attorney
or an Assistant District Attorneys. This position affects the accuracy, reliability
and acceptability of further processes and services. Individuals in this position
serve at the pleasure of the current elected official.
Salary will be based on experience and range from $29,000.00 to 36,000.
Benefits will be provided by Dawson County.
Please send Resume and References to Philip Mack Furlow at
firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Philip Mack Furlow, P.O. Box 1203, Lamesa,