Salary Range Minimum: $2,347.83 monthly
Job Number: 607-0272-061917
Application Deadline: Until Filled
In order to be considered for this job a completed Hays County Application form must be submitted to Hays County Human Resources via: Hand-deliver: 712 South Stagecoach Trail, Suite 1063, San Marcos, TX 78666; OR Fax: 512-393-2227; OR Email: [email protected]; Application forms are available at the Hays County website at www.co.hays.tx.us and can be found as a link within each job posting. Pre-printed forms are also available from the Hays County Human Resources department.
For more information about this job or the application process call 512-393-2223. Email communication should be sent to [email protected]
Education and Skill Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of legal secretary program or equivalent or two or more years of college preferred.
- Two years experience in the legal profession preferred serving as a legal secretary, paralegal, or a related position or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
Other Qualifications, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Class C driver’s license.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish and English).
- Attend and successfully complete TLETS training.
- Clear Criminal History required.
- Exceptional skill in the preparation and drafting of a variety of legal documents and correspondence using prescribed format and conforming to all rules.
- Exceptional skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, Court Personnel, Judges, attorneys, and the general public.
- Exceptional skill in reception, telephone etiquette, and public relations, including management of problematical emotional individuals
- Exceptional skill in timely documenting, reading, understanding, and maintaining legal documents according to the Texas rules and codes of procedure.
- General skill in operating standard office equipment, such as personal computers, calculators, and telephones.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- General skill in expressing oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Under general supervision, the Administrative Assistant II performs a variety of administrative and clerical support functions for the District Attorney or Assistant District Attorney to whom assigned. This position affects the accuracy, reliability, and acceptability of further processes and services.
Individuals in this position serve at the pleasure of the current elected official.
Hays County is an EEO employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Hays County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of background checks, including reference checks, criminal history, and driver’s license checks and driving history.