Job Duties / Primary Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and drafting contracts
- Legal research and writing of legal opinions for elected officials and department heads
- Public Information Act requests
- Advise elected officials and department heads
- Review and draft proposed legislation
Job Duties / Secondary Responsibilities
- Guardianship cases
- Civil Service Grievance hearings
- Paupers’ Oath representation
- Eligibility for licensing in federal court
- Law School degree from an accredited law school and State of Texas law license.
- Licensed to practice law in Texas.
- Good standing with the Texas State Bar.
- Must meet and maintain all Texas State Bar Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) requirements.
- Must secure and maintain a favorable criminal history and background investigation.
- Minimum 2 years experience in contract or transactional practice; governmental practice a plus.
- Familiarity with computer usage, including Word.
This is an at will position with no civil service or other appellate rights. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Normal office environment. Successful applicant must pass a physical examination prior to beginning employment.
Starting salary range: $69,455.04 - $83,312.40.
Please respond with resume to: Mindy Fancher, Assistant for Teresa Guerra Snelson, Civil Division Chief, Administration Building, 411 Elm Street, 5th Floor, Dallas, Texas 75202-3384, facsimile number (214) 653-6134, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.