Education and Skill Requirements
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Completion of legal assistant program preferred or equivalent or two or more
years of college preferred or similar professional experience.
• Experience in the legal profession preferred serving as a legal secretary,
paralegal or related position or any equivalent combination of experience and
• Class C driver’s license preferred.
• Bilingual preferred. (Spanish and English)
• Paralegal certificate or related education or experience preferred.
Other Qualifications, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Exceptional skill in the preparation and drafting of a variety of legal documents
and correspondence using prescribed format and conforming to all rules.
• Exceptional organizational skills in organizing and managing the work flow in a
small, fast paced office.
• Exceptional skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
with co-workers, Court Personnel, Judges, elected officials attorneys, and the
• Exceptional skill in reception, telephone etiquette, public relations including
management of problematical emotional individuals
• Exceptional skill in documenting, reading, understanding and maintaining legal
documents timely according to the Texas rules/codes of procedure.
• General skill in operating standard office equipment, such as personal
computers, calculators, and telephones.
• Familiarity with E-filing procedures and software a plus.
• Exceptional skill in managing a heavy workload without immediate supervision or
• General skill in expressing oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in
• General knowledge of computers, word processing programs, spreadsheet
programs, and office management programs.
Under general supervision of the District Attorney and the First Assistant District
Attorney Office Manager/Legal Assistant will screen, review, analyze and
organize case-related material required for Court presentation and management
in the Court. Candidate will also be required to help manage and organize the
office and the workflow through the office. Performs a variety of administrative
and clerical support functions for the District Attorney or an Assistant District
Attorneys. This position affects the accuracy, reliability and acceptability of
further processes and services. Individuals in this position serve at the pleasure
of the current elected official.
Salary will be based on experience and range from $36,000.00 to 52,000.00
Benefits will be provided by Dawson County.
Please send Resume and References to Philip Mack Furlow at
[email protected] and/or Philip Mack Furlow, P.O. Box 1203, Lamesa,