Looking ahead to an outstanding 2010
The last year has proven busy for the Texas District and County Attorneys Foundation, and with your continued support we look forward to continued milestones in 2010. We’ve highlighted a few successes and upcoming events below for your review.
• We are proud to announce that we have 100 percent participation from the Foundation Board of Trustees in the 2009 Annual Campaign.
• Our first golf tournament (in September 2009), held in conjunction with the Annual Criminal and Civil Law Update in Corpus Christi, raised $11,000 in unrestricted funds. More than 30 golfers participated.
• In January 2010, TDCAA will have on staff a senior appellate attorney and soon thereafter, a victim assistance coordinator. Both of these positions are funded by the foundation.
• Back by popular demand: The foundation will partner with the Anheuser-Busch Companies to provide a free, one-day training on intoxication-related investigations and prosecutions to law enforcement and prosecutors in November 2010. The training, Guarding Texas Roadways, will take place at A-B distributorships across Texas and will be broadcast via satellite, just like the first such conference in 2008.
• The foundation will host the Champions for Justice event in honor of Carol Vance, former Harris County District Attorney, on April 22, 2010, in Houston. The purpose of this annual event is to raise awareness of the importance and local impact of excellence in prosecutorial education and training. Money raised from sponsorships and ticket sales will benefit the Foundation’s Annual Fund.
• Private foundations have been indentified and proposals will be submitted monthly to fund educational publications, program development, and general operating expenses.
• The Foundation Board of Trustees and TDCAA members have taken an active role in increasing community awareness for the foundation by speaking on behalf of TDCAF in their communities and at TDCAA trainings across Texas.
Again, thank you to our TDCAA members, TDCAA’s Board of Directors, and TDCAF’s Board of Trustees and Advisory Committee for their continued support of the foundation. We will kick off our 2010 Annual Campaign in the next few months so keep an eye out for more information. Please check out our website at www.tdcaf.org for updates and partnership opportunities. I am looking forward to visiting with each of you soon. Please feel free to call me at 512/474-2436 with any ideas or questions.
Hmmmm, sounds like we’ve got a contest a-brewin’! The Key Personnel Board has challenged the Investigator Board to a fundraising contest between support staff and investigators across the state! We are still working out the details, so stay tuned to the next issue for more information, but we are thrilled to see how these two groups will duke it out to raise money for the foundation!