Assistant District Attorney – Deputy Chief Juvenile Division
Employer: Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office
Location: Richmond, Texas
The Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office is seeking a Deputy Chief for the Juvenile Division.
Applicants should be licensed attorneys in good standing with at least 3 years of job-related experience. Experience practicing juvenile law is a must with extensive experience preferred.
The Deputy Chief provides supervision and training assistance to the Chief Juvenile Prosecutor for the Juvenile Division to ensure a high level of prosecution and rehabilitation services for juvenile offenders, as well as providing victims of juvenile delinquent conduct (adult and juvenile) equitable remedies by continuing to hold juvenile perpetrators accountable for delinquent offenses committed. The position should also be prepared to try serious and/or complex juvenile cases before the six juvenile courts of Fort Bend County.
- Review of all juvenile general and specialized criminal cases at the intake level and advises law enforcement during investigations.
- Providing increased review, initial training, and continued guidance to less experienced juvenile prosecutors for the evaluation of intake and preparation of filed cases for plea or trial.
- Participating in jury trials of juvenile cases and assists others in becoming proficient at questioning experts in numerous disciplines.
- Providing training and assistance to District Attorney staff and law enforcement in areas concerning juvenile prosecution.
- Assisting the Chief Prosecutor in conducting difficult conversations with victims of juvenile and sexual violence who are often upset with decisions, laws or facts that do not comport with their expectations, and conversations explaining the confidentiality of procedures and proceedings within the juvenile justice system, and trains other prosecutors to effectively conduct such conversations.
- Assisting the Chief Prosecutor with establishing procedures and guidelines for the Juvenile Division staff and effectively implements the vision of the elected District Attorney.
- Assisting the Chief Prosecutor as a liaison with law enforcement agencies, the Juvenile Probation Department, public and private residential placement agencies, other departments and agencies and treatment providers involved in the juvenile justice system, as well as the defense bar.
Fort Bend County is one of the most diverse counties in the nation and consistently ranks as one of the fastest growing. Only thirty minutes away from downtown Houston, the office has that small-town feel while tackling the challenges of a bustling suburban metropolis.
Pay starts at $3,275.20 bi-weekly with a great benefits package. Offers subject to an application/interview process, background check and drug test. Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume to Executive Assistant District Attorney Wesley Wittig at [email protected].