Department Head: Criminal District Attorney
Salary Range Minimum: $2,394.79 Monthly
Job Number: 607-0272-012120
Date Open: January 21, 2020
Application Deadline: Until Filled
In order to be considered for employment with Hays County submit the following documents:
Hays County Employment Application
• Cover Letter
Find Hays County Employment Applications at:
• Pre-printed forms at the Hays County Human Resources department
• Request PDF forms from [email protected] via email
You may submit your application documents in any of the following ways:
• Hand-deliver to 712 South Stagecoach Trail, Suite 1063, San Marcos, TX 78666
• Fax: 512-393-2227
Email: [email protected]
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma
or equivalent required
• Completion of legal secretary program or equivalent or two or more years of college preferred
• Two years’ experience in the legal profession preferred serving as a legal secretary, paralegal, or a related position or any equivalent combination of experience and training
Other Qualifications, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Class C driver’s license
• Bilingual preferred (Spanish and English)
• Attend and successfully complete TLETS training
• Clear criminal history required
• Exceptional skill in evidence gathering and preparation of legal documents and correspondence using prescribed formats and conforming to all rules
• Exceptional skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, law enforcement personnel, court personnel, judges, attorneys, and the general public
• Exceptional skill in timely documenting, reading, understanding, and maintaining legal documents according to the Texas rules and codes of procedure
• General skill in operating standard office equipment, such as personal computers, calculators, and telephones.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to follow complex instructions and remain focused on time sensitive tasks
• General skill in expressing oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Performs general clerical duties including answering the telephone, filing and typing correspondence,
Creates new electronic and physical case files based on information delivered to Hays County District Attorney’s office by Law Enforcement Agencies and/or uploaded onto software databases by law enforcement agencies for eventual provision in discovery to defense attorneys
• Prepares criminal history rap sheet reports on the TLETS system and follows all laws and regulations required
• Performs other duties as assigned
Under general supervision, the Administrative Assistant II-Intake Coordinator performs a variety of administrative and clerical support functions for the District Attorney or Assistant District Attorney. This position affects the accuracy, reliability, and acceptability of further processes and services.
Individuals in this position serve at the pleasure of the current elected official.
Hays County is an EEO employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Hays County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of background checks, including reference checks, criminal history, and driver’s license checks and driving history.