Department Head: Hays County District Attorney
Salary Range Minimum: $2.304.79 monthly
Job Number: 607-0272-050420
Date Open: May 4, 2020
Application Deadline: Until Filled
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE STARTING JUNE 1, 2020
In order to be considered for employment with Hays County submit the following documents:
• Hays County Application
• Cover Letter
Find Hays County Employment Applications at:
• Pre-printed forms at the Hays County Human Resources department
• Request PDF forms from [email protected] via email
You may submit your application documents in any of the following ways:
• Hand-deliver to 712 South Stagecoach Trail, Suite 1063, San Marcos, TX 78666
• Fax: 512-393-2227
• Email: [email protected]
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Completion of legal secretary program or equivalent or two or more years of college preferred.
• Two years’ experience in the legal profession preferred serving as a legal secretary, paralegal, or a related position or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
Other Qualifications, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Class C driver’s license.
• Bilingual preferred (Spanish and English).
• Attend and successfully complete TLETS training.
• Clear Criminal History required.
• Performs general clerical duties including answering the telephone, filing, and typing correspondence.
• Assists the general public via telephone or in person with information pertaining to various legal issues and questions.
• Establishes and manages filing system.
• Prepares and drafts orders, motions, judgments, petitions, and other legal documents.
• Assures the services delivered meet quality and timeliness standards.
• Manages caseload from intake to closing with accuracy.
• Processes computerized information records systems with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Prepares criminal history rap sheet reports on the TLETS system and follows all laws and regulations required.
• Manages money orders and checks received in payment for discovery, including preparing receipts and accounting reports according to mandatory county policies.
• Manages evidence, including but not limited to, photographs, video and audio tapes, and other physical item in the custody of the District Attorney for evidentiary purposes.
• Bilingual Assistants translate communications to Defendant’s regarding their case status and the legal documents to be filed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Under general supervision, the Administrative Assistant II performs a variety of administrative and clerical support functions for the District Attorney or Assistant District Attorney to whom assigned. This position affects the accuracy, reliability, and acceptability of further processes and services.
Individuals in this position serve at the pleasure of the current elected official.
Hays County is an EEO
employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Hays County
will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to
discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of background checks, including reference checks, criminal history, and driver’s license checks and driving history.