Job title: Administrative Assistant III
Intake Administrative Assistant
Opening Date: October 4, 2023
Closing Date: Until filled
Location: North Campus- 1106 Clayton Ln. Austin, TX 78723
PO BOX 12157, Austin, TX 78711
Yearly Salary: A13- $40,000.08- $41,500.08
The Administrative Assistant is selected by the Director of Enforcement and the Intake Manager and is responsible to the Intake Manager and performs independent, responsible administrative duties for the Enforcement Division. Primary responsibilities include receiving and responding to calls and emails regarding complaints and Departmental procedures in a positive and professional manner; handling incoming/outgoing mail; maintaining and providing statistical data as requested; and supporting the Enforcement Division with other administrative duties. Work requires frequent contact with the public, government officials and department staff. Work is performed under general supervision, with moderate latitude for exercising initiative and independent judgment.
- Answer the division’s main phone lines, screen calls, and handle or forward calls as appropriate.
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail for the division, including all complaints filed with the agency.
- Update the case management system and other databases regarding complaints received.
- Maintain filing, record-keeping and record management systems.
- Generate daily and monthly reports of statistics from the case management system.
- Prepare and process purchase requisitions and travel vouchers for all employees of the division.
- Research and explain the agency’s laws, rules, policies and procedures, both orally and in writing.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Complaint Resolution Procedures Manual, the Enforcement Plan and the Criminal Conviction Guidelines.
- Assist in responding to public information requests.
- Comply with division and/or agency training requirements.
- Demonstrate a spirit of teamwork, offering positive and constructive ideas, encouragement and support to other members of the staff and team while upholding the agency’s core values.
- Keep management appropriately informed of ongoing activity and critical matters affecting the operation and well-being of the agency.
- Adhere to all TDLR personnel policies and performs related work as assigned.
One (1) year of responsible experience in secretarial or administrative support work required, including experience with handling a large volume of phone calls on a daily basis. Graduation from a standard high school or equivalent required. Two years of college coursework from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the experience requirement. Bilingual candidates preferred, particularly those with Vietnamese language skills.
Military Occupation Specialty Code:
Army 15P, Navy SN Seaman, Marine 0111 Admin, Spec., Air Force 3F5X1 Admin.
The successful candidate will have: The ability to answer a multi-line phone system; to use a computer and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and e-mail; to draft basic business correspondence using proper spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and grammar; and to interprete and explain agency laws, rules, policies and procedures in a clear and concise manner. He or she will also have excellent customer service skills and the ability to establish and maintain courteous, effective working relationships. He or she will be skilled in various research techniques, including Internet research. Bilingual candidates preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants may be downloaded through TDLR’s website https: www.tdlr.texas.gov/employ.htm. Only Email or fax applications accepted. Email [email protected] or fax 512.475.3377. Incomplete applications will not be considered. A resume in lieu of application will be rejected. Additionally, an application with “see resume” within the summary of experience is considered incomplete and will be rejected. Submit a copy of degree if in lieu of experience/skills requirement. To receive Military Employment Preference for any position, submit a copy of the DD214 or DD1300 with application.
Only interviewed applicants will receive notice of the final disposition of the selection process.
This job is covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TDLR provides a total compensation package that enables us to attract, motivate, and retain highly skilled and talented employees, including a merit system, full use of salary ranges, performance awards, retention and recruitment bonuses. TDLR participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), TDLR will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the application, contact TDLR Human Resources at 512-463-7184. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation