This position is open until filled; but first round of interviews will be the 14th to 18th of August, with start date of September 5th
The 63rd Judicial District Attorney’s Office has an opening for a full-time nonexempt BPU Administrative Assistant (also called Legal Secretary) for Val Verde, Kinney, and Terrell Counties to assist the border crimes prosecutors in the investigation and prosecution of felony crimes with a nexus to the Texas-Mexico border. THIS IS GRANT FUNDED TWO YEAR TERM POSITION, BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 2023 AND ENDING AUGUST 2025. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF RE-FUNDING AS DETERMINED BY THE STATE LEGISLATURE.
• Secretarial and administrative support functions including typing maintaining correspondence, motions, complaints, subpoenas or other legal documents.
• Support one or more attorneys who appear in three different courts across three counties.
• Data input and document generation in the case management system (TechShare).
• Manage attorney on-line calendars, answer phones and e-mails, e-file documents.
• Other work as required by the District Attorney
• Ability to write with proper English construction and ability to receive analyze complicated facts and information.
• Proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Adobe.
• Operate modern office equipment, including fax, mail, scanner, and copy machines.
• High school diploma or equivalent, plus three years of legal or law enforcement office experience
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to learn office case management system for data entry, case tracking, and document generation.
• Team work, communication skills, and professional decision making
HOURS OF WORK:
Generally, 8 to 4:30 but trial work may require a schedule adjustment by attorney needs.
Requirements to Apply: Log in to “Work in Texas” from your home city to register with the Texas Workforce Commission. TWC will issue a referral to you which in turn will be sent to HR department in Val Verde County ([email protected]) who will then send you an application. Call (830)774- 7543 for instructions. You can submit your cover letter and resume to Juanita Barrera, HR Director at [email protected]