The Brazos County District Attorney’s Office is accepting applications for an administrative assistant. This position is responsible for providing secretarial support to the District Attorney and completing an array of clerical and organizational tasks that support the operations of the District Attorney’s Office.
- Performs various secretarial duties, including general filing, data entry, drafting correspondence, and scheduling appointments.
- Performs accounting and bookkeeping tasks, including tracking expenses, initiating invoice payments, preparing purchase orders, and setting up vendors.
- Maintains departmental personnel records, which include items such as access requests, leave requests, and personnel action forms, for all departmental personnel.
- Prepares travel arrangements for all personnel attending conferences, trainings, and/or out-of-county or out-of-state official business.
- Calculates and initiates cash advances and expense reports for all personnel requiring travel arrangements.
- Coordinates with victim assistance coordinators to arrange travel for witness and/or victims.
- Manages multiple office calendars and schedule meetings as needed.
- Maintains the law library by ordering and/or returning books.
- Assists with budget preparation and implementing capital improvement projects.
- Preserves TCOLE records and attend audits as required.
- Aids in the grant application process by observing deadlines and ensuring required documents are submitted in a timely manner to the appropriate agency or department.
- Maintains fleet records and maintenance records.
- Conducts annual asset inventory and submit annual reports as required.
- Orders supplies and equipment for office, as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
College degree or high school diploma with at least four years of experience in a related field.
Knowledge of computer systems, standard office practices and procedures, legal procedures and legal drafting, legal terminology and practices, the criminal justice system and basic bookkeeping procedures.
50,000-61,000 commensurate with experience.
Position is available October 4, 2021, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please email resume, cover letter, and references to Chelesea Burk at [email protected]