Assistant County Attorney, Karnes County, Texas
$65,000 – $80,000 annually, plus benefits (salary based on experience)
Open Until Filled : Responsibilities will include all aspects of misdemeanor prosecution including initial intake of cases, plea negotiations, witness preparation, interaction with law enforcement and victims, trial preparation, motions to suppress, probation revocations, and related legal research. It includes juvenile cases, truancy, justice of the peace work.
– Must be a graduate of an accredited school of law
– Must have a license to practice law in the State of Texas and be in good standing with the State
– Must have a basic knowledge of criminal law, procedure and rules of evidence
– Must have knowledge of the principles and methods of legal research
– Must be able to conduct self in a professional manner, and develop/maintain good working relationships with visitors, co-workers, judges and County officials.
– Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation conducted by Karnes County.
Resumes may be sent by email or mail to:
Jennifer M. Dillingham, County Attorney of Karnes
Posting Date: April 25, 2022
Closing Date: When position is filled