Employer: Atascosa County Attorney’s Office Location: Jourdanton, Texas
Performs legal work necessary to effectively represent Atascosa County in all civil matters, as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts on behalf of the County, including construction agreements, software agreements, service agreements, and vendor/supplier contracts
- Responsible for providing legal advice to County elected officials and County employees in Offices/Departments, advising and regularly attending Commissioners Court
- Responding to open record requests under the Public Information Act
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on regulations and ordinances
- Conducts legal research and drafts legal opinions
- Representing the County in additional civil matters as necessary
- Juris Doctorate degree from accredited law school.
- Must be currently licensed by the State Bar of Texas to practice law and in good standing.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Prior civil government work experience a plus.
- Proficient in electronic legal research.
- Candidates should possess superior written and oral communication and advocacy skills and the ability to consistently satisfy deadlines in the face of competing time demands.
- Must be able to demonstrate all necessary skills and functions with minimal direction from the other Assistant County Attorneys and County Attorney
- Must be available on a daily basis to handle issues submitted by elected officials, county commissioners, justices of the peace, the public, police officers, and other law enforcement/courthouse personnel.
- Must clear a pre-employment physical and a pre-employment drug screen test
About this Office Atascosa County Attorney is a small office serving approximately 6 law enforcement agencies, numerous elected county officials and judges. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter, hardworking, compassionate individual who is dedicated to obtaining positive results on behalf of the county and elected officials. Health insurance and retirement benefits are available through Atascosa County. State Bar dues; CLE and membership in TDCAA for the selected candidate will be paid by the County Attorney’s Office.
Applications: Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references by email only to [email protected]
Deadline Date: Open until filled
Not every applicant will be interviewed. No phone calls please. Employment is always AT WILL of the County Attorney.