Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Represents Harris Health in contractual matters relevant to the health care industry including negotiation of health system contracts
- Reviews proposed transactions for compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Drafts, reviews, revises, and negotiates complex contractual arrangements, including but not limited to: Agreements for the procurement or provision of goods or services; License agreements; Real estate acquisitions, including nonbinding letters of intent and purchase agreements; Leases, managed care agreements, outsourcing agreements, professional and consulting agreements, grants, and affiliation agreements.
- Assists Harris Health in assessing and responding to vendor correspondence and/or inquiries regarding disputed contract performance and/or terms
- Advises Harris Health on legal issues involving clinical, regulatory, and operational aspects of health care delivery, including but not limited to: Regulatory and accrediting body compliance; information privacy; Patient care issues, such as informed consent and other clinical and operational matters including advance directives, end of life care, EMTALA, and health care providers scope of practice, medical staff bylaws, and credentialing
- Serves as legal representative for various Harris Health hospital committees, operational committees, and work groups.
- Reviews, revises, and assists in the development of Harris Health institutional policies and departmental procedures.
- Researches, develops, and delivers clear and concise legal advice for a variety of legal matters impacting Harris Health, involving interpretation of federal or state statutes, regulations, and case law.
- Serves as attorney on call to support Harris Health clinical operations, including maintaining on-call availability outside of regular work hours.
- Assists and advises Harris Health on legal issues related to business and corporate law involving Harris Health’s 501a entity and health maintenance organization
Education & Experience
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) Degree
- License to practice law in the State of Texas
- Intermediate skills in applicable Microsoft Office suite products, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Intermediate skills in Adobe Acrobat.
- Intermediate Westlaw research skills.
NOTE: All applicants are to include the following items along with their application:
- Cover letter
- At least 3 professional references
- At least one writing sample