The Harris County Attorney’s Office (HCAO) is seeking an attorney for its Real Property Group. The Attorney will provide legal services in matters involving litigation of real property matters, specifically but not limited to eminent domain and inverse condemnation claims. The Attorney will work with other members of the Office of the County Attorney and other county employees who may have knowledge about the litigation. The Attorney should be licensed to practice law in the State of Texas. Their performance will be evaluated on individual case results and how well they meet individual goals and goals set for the team. The Attorney will be evaluated on how effectively they work within the team setting in helping to achieve the legal and administrative goals of the Group and the Office.
The Attorney primarily:
· Conduct discovery, prepares and argues motions, conducts bench and jury trials and enforces judgments, injunctions and orders
· Manages an active caseload of approximately 20-40 active cases
· Exhibits working knowledge of the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure and Texas Rules of Civil Evidence
· Exhibits an interest in obtaining a working knowledge of Chapter 21 of the Texas Property Code, as well as County Regulations
· Assists with the general supervision of all attorneys and non-attorney employees in the Group as needed
· Mentors participants in the County Attorney’s Internship programs as needed
· Performs other delegated or assigned tasks
· License to practice law by the State Bar of Texas and in good standing
To view the full posting and apply, please visithttps://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/harriscountytx/jobs/2552321/assistant-county-attorney-real-property.