Position: Misdemeanor Division Chief
Employer: Ellis County & District Attorney’s Office
Location: Waxahachie, TX
The Ellis County & District Attorney has an opening for its Chief of Misdemeanor Division
Major duties include:
- Training, educating and supervising misdemeanor prosecutors.
- Assisting with the development of office practices, and implementing those practices in the misdemeanor division.
- Carrying a full case load, handling all aspects of misdemeanor prosecution, from initial screening through trial prosecution.
- Advising and training law enforcement.
- This position requires a person with a mature disposition and the strength of character to withstand a challenging courtroom environment.
- Minimum qualifications: Graduate of an accredited law school, currently licensed to practice law in the State of Texas and in good standing with the State Bar; at least five years’ experience as a prosecutor; substantial trial experience; felony prosecution experience preferred; demonstrated leadership skills. Must be a team player.
- The office is located in historic Waxahachie, a growing, energetic, and diverse community located only 30 miles from downtown Dallas and 40 miles from downtown Fort Worth. Waxahachie offers small-town charm with big-city convenience.
Annual Salary: $90,962.00
Send resume and cover letter in PDF format via email only to:
Ellis County & District Attorney
109 S. Jackson
Waxahachie, TX 75165