POSTING NUMBER: 2019-001
Assistant District Attorney – Appellate Attorney Criminal District Attorney’s Office, Wichita County Courthouse
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday (Additional hours may be required)
Salary: Up to $80,859.04 Annually (Depending Upon Qualifications)
Posting Date: January 10, 2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The attorney will handle all aspects of direct appeals and pre & post-conviction writs.
- Researches and drafts appellate briefs and petitions for discretionary review.
- Represents the office in oral arguments, as granted, on appeals and petitions for discretionary review.
- Handles interlocutory State’s appeals on suppression issues.
- Responds to all pre and post-convictions writs of habeas corpus.
- Provides aid and research to attorneys in trial, including assisting in the charging conference.
- Drafts writs of mandamus.
- Performs all other duties as required.►
- Must be a graduate of an A.B.A. accredited law school.
- Must have a license to practice law in the State of Texas and be in good standing with the State and local bar associations.
- Five years of appellate experience preferred.
- Must have proven track-record of drafting and arguing appeals.
- Must be able to conduct self in a professional manner and develop and maintain good working relationships with visitors, clients, co-workers, attorneys, judges and County officials.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical exam and drug test paid by Wichita County.
- Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation conducted by Wichita County.► CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to occasionally lift and move loads weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
- The Criminal District Attorney’s Office is a non-smoking environment.
START DATE: Interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
How to apply
To be considered for employment, please complete the Employment Application found on the Wichita County Human Resources website at http://www.co.wichita.tx.us/Human_Resources/.
Please submit your completed Wichita County Employment Application, cover letter, resume, transcript and writing sample to:
Office of the Criminal District Attorney Wichita County, Texas
ATTN: LaDonna Bedford
900 7th Street, Suite 352
Wichita Falls, Texas 76301
Or email to: [email protected]
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: It is the policy of Wichita County to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job categories without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability. It is the policy of Wichita County to consider qualified individuals according to ADAAA standards. If notified in advance, requested accommodations will be considered. Final reasonable accommodations will be determined in accordance with ADAAA standards by departments after appropriate consultation. Rejected accommodations will be documented and retained on file.
TEXAS RELAY: TDD 1-800-735-2989, VOICE 1-800-735-2988. For candidates requesting Braille, Mobility requests, etc., please call (940) 766-8108. HR/ADAAA Compliance Office, Wichita County Courthouse, 900 7th Street, Room 132, Wichita Falls, TX 76301.