Employer: 229th Judicial District Attorney’s Office
Location: Rio Grande City, Starr County, Texas
Effective January 1, 2021 the 229th Judicial District Attorney’s Office has openings for Assistant District Attorneys (ADA’s).
The 229th Judicial District Attorney’s Office, which covers Starr, Jim Hogg and Duval Counties, is seeking attorneys for felony prosecutors. Employment would begin January 1, 2021. Location of employment is Rio Grande City, Starr County, Texas with travel to Jim Hogg and Duval, Texas for court appearances. Responsibilities include all aspects of felony prosecution from complaint through sentencing, as well as family violence protective orders, asset forfeitures and appeals. The salary depends on experience and begins at $55,000 a year. Benefits include county retirement plan, healthcare and CLE.
- Review new cases submitted by law enforcement agencies.
- Prepares cases for presentation to grand jury.
- Consults with law enforcement agencies regarding legal issues.
- Negotiates plea arrangements with counsel for defendants.
- Prepares, files and represents the State in pretrial motions and hearings.
- Consults with victims regarding legal process and preparation for trial when necessary.
- Prepares cases and witnesses for trial.
- Represents the State in bench and jury trials.
- Prepare and file appellate briefs and appears in appellate courts when necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited law school, currently licensed to practice law in Texas and in good standing with the Texas State Bar.
- Capable of exercising sound legal analysis and judgment.
- Skilled in oral and written communications.
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships with victims, law enforcement personnel, court personnel, co-workers and defense attorneys.
- Prior experience in Texas criminal law strongly preferred.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary between $55,000 and $65,000 depending on experience.
- Health insurance
- Paid sick leave and vacation
- State Bar dues paid by employer
- CLE, training and travel paid by employer
- Retirement plan with employer matching
Please send resumé, and the attached application and DPS CCH Verification form to Gocha Allen Ramirez at [email protected].