Employer: Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office
Location: Richmond, Texas
The Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office is seeking an Assistant Victim Assistance Coordinator, effective immediately. Applicants should possess a high school diploma or GED with at least three years of job-related experience, and should have a thorough working knowledge of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure and Family Code.
Candidates need strong verbal and written communication skills and strong computer skills with the ability to type at least 35 WPM. They should also possess great interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with the public, other employees and elected officials. The position requires strong advocacy skills and the ability to communicate appropriately with crime victims.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting victim’s needs and assisting prosecutors with victim information.
- Ensuring victims understand the criminal justice system, the status of cases and location of the court.
- Providing information for referrals and case status.
- Providing emotional support and counseling referrals to victims.
- Identifying service organizations that offer assistance and explaining expenses that can be reimbursed to victims.
- Securing victims’ rights, referring to other agencies, and contacting employers and/or creditors on behalf of the victim.
- Accompanying and consulting with victims during court proceedings.
- Providing victims with information regarding Crime Victim’s Compensation and assisting victims to complete Crime Victims’ Compensation applications and gathering required documentation.
Fort Bend County is one of the most diverse counties in the nation and is only thirty minutes from downtown Houston. Salary range is $17.80 – $26.43 hourly based on qualifications. Offers are subject to an application/interview process, background check, and drug test. Not all applicants will be interviewed. Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume to Victim Assistance Director Le’Shae Haynes at [email protected].