The Montgomery County Attorney’s office is seeking an attorney for its Civil Division. The County Attorney’s office has a total staff of approximately 32, including lawyers, legal support staff, and investigators.
The ideal candidate should have strong writing, research, organizational, and communication skills, as well as an interest in public sector law. Additionally, strong interpersonal skills are essential to deal effectively with elected officials, department managers, county staff, and the public.
The successful candidate will be responsible for –
- Assisting the department with responding to public information requests, making required redactions, release of records, providing cost estimates, and preparing legal briefs on relevant issues; draft correspondence to the attorney general.
- Reviewing plats, preparing deficiency letters and issue notices for public hearings, and advising engineering department personnel.
- Interacting with developers and surveyors regarding adherence to the subdivision rules and regulations.
- Preparing support documentation for commissioner’s court agenda items, such as resolution and orders, interlocal agreements, and mutual aid contracts.
- Providing advice to client department personnel as needed.
A Texas Bar license is required. Salary is dependent on experience. The County also provides excellent retirement and health insurance benefits.
The Montgomery County Attorney’s office is located in downtown Conroe, Texas, approximately 40 miles north of Houston and less than 10 miles north of The Woodlands. The county is one of the fastest growing in the state, and it has a current population of approximately 640,000.
To apply, please email your resume, along with three (3) references, to Patti O’Hagan at patti.o’[email protected].
Montgomery County is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability or national origin.