Location: Dallas, TX
Beginning Salary: $84,263 – $95,111
Involves all phases of civil litigation in the representation of the Texas Department of Family Protective Services in instances of alleged child abuse or neglect, including but not limited to trials, contested hearings, discovery and mediation. This attorney will work in a court with other assigned prosecutors where everyone has their own docket.
Essential Job Functions
- Drafting legal documents including court orders, motions and petitions.
- Ability to research and prepare legal documents in relation to civil family law litigation, including but not limited to discovery, discovery responses and mediated settlement agreements.
- Advising TDFPS on the application of law related to specific facts, circumstances and goals of the department.
- Ensuring that service of process is completed in a timely fashion on all parties.
- Preparing witnesses to testify.
- Working with Court Appointed Special Advocates in addition to Guardians and Ad Litems.
- Jury trials and trials before the court.
- Contested Hearings
- Other duties as assigned.
Licensed to practice law in the State of Texas.
A Juris Doctor Degree and three years as a practicing attorney with a minimum of one year representing TDFPS or respondent parents or children who are subject to a suit affecting the parent child relationship.
How to apply
Complete attached application & email it to [email protected]