Location: Dallas, TX
Beginning Salary: $98,786-$118,495
Involves all phases of civil litigation in the representation of the Texas Department of Family Protective Services (TDFPS) in instances of alleged child abuse or neglect, including but not limited to temporary orders and statutory hearings, contested hearings, discovery, mediation, final trials, and post-judgment statutory hearings. This attorney will work in a court with other assigned prosecutors where everyone has their own docket.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drafting legal documents including court orders, motions and petitions, including the use of document assembly software.
- Ability to research and prepare legal documents in relation to civil family law litigation, including but not limited to discovery, discovery responses and mediated settlement agreements.
- Advising TDFPS on the application of law related to specific facts, circumstances and goals of the Department.
- Ensuring that service of process is completed in a timely fashion on all parties.
- Preparing witnesses to testify.
- Working with Court Appointed Special Advocates in addition to Guardians Ad Litem.
- Litigating jury trials and trials before the court, as well as contested hearings, both in-person and also virtually, as directed by the Court.
- eFiling documents.
- Other duties as assigned
Licensed to practice law in the State of Texas.
A Juris Doctor Degree and three years as a practicing attorney. Experience representing TDFPS, respondent parents, and/or children who are subject to a suit affecting the parent child relationship is preferred. Prior family law experience may considered in lieu of Child Welfare law experience.
How to Apply:
Complete attached application and e-mail it to [email protected].