ECONOMIC CRIMES & PUBLIC INTEGRITY DIVISIONS
The Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office is seeking a Certified Fraud Examiner to assist both the Economic Crimes and Public Integrity Divisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- CFE certification
- 2 years job-related experience
- Familiarity with criminal prosecution and court procedure
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Duties of the Fraud Examiner:
- Investigate and assist with prosecution of felony economic crimes (thefts, insurance fraud, credit card fraud, embezzlement, arson, mortgage fraud, elder fraud) as well as economic criminal allegations against public servants in their official capacity
- Review and analyze financial records
- Obtain testimony and documentary evidence to establish the commission of a crime
- Prepare reports and evidentiary exhibits to assist prosecutors in grand jury presentations and for trial
- Provide expert witness testimony
- Assist prosecutors with discovery compliance
Fort Bend County is the most ethnically diverse county in the United States. Located thirty-five minutes from downtown Houston, our county offers big city services with hometown hospitality. Pay starts at $49,527 annually with a great benefits package. Offers subject to an application/interview process, background check, and drug test. Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume to Executive Assistant District Attorney Wesley Wittig at [email protected].