Location: Hockley County Courthouse
Role Overview: The Chief Deputy Clerk will work closely with the District Attorney and other staff to streamline the office’s operations, improve workflow, and ensure smooth functioning of the legal processes. They will primarily focus on managing the office and its associated responsibilities.
- Oversee the organization and maintenance of case files, ensuring accuracy and completeness for efficient case tracking, document management, and information retrieval;
- Serve as a primary point of contact and facilitate communication between the District Attorney’s office, Victims, and the Court System;
- Coordinate and maintain calendars; noting deadlines for responsive pleadings and motions, court appearances, and etc.;
- Manage and guide clerical staff, assigning duties and monitoring performance;
- Follow protocols for document retention, record keeping, confidentiality, and data management;
- Coordinate the timely dissemination of discovery, legal documents and case updates;
- Assists attorney at trial preparation and during trial, maintaining lists of exhibits and noting developments in the case and during trial; and
- Monitor expenditures, identify cost-saving opportunities, and make recommendations to optimize resource allocation.
- A Bachelor’s degree or prior experience in a legal support role preferred.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe programs and case management software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Familiarity with legal and court procedures.
- Professional attire.
How to Apply: Email your resume to [email protected]