Fate, TX – City Attorney
Established in 1900, Fate, Texas, is a picturesque city with a small-town feel but big city amenities. It has been said that “Fate is one of the best reasons you want to move to Texas.” This rapidly-growing community is centrally located in the heart of Rockwall County, one of the most affluent counties in Texas. Fate’s population has a comparatively high level of education and per capita income according to the American Community Survey (ACS). Downtown Dallas is a 28-mile drive to the west with Interstate 30 as the primary connection between Fate and the DFW metroplex.
The City Council seeks an individual who is willing to make a long-term commitment to the City, and who will become personally invested in the community. The chosen candidate will be well-versed in all areas of municipal law, including the Public Information Act, Local Government Code, Texas Code of Criminal procedure, Texas Penal Code, procurement laws, and other applicable state and federal laws. An in-depth knowledge of land use and economic development laws is crucial.
Required qualifications include:
• Doctorate of Jurisprudence from an accredited law school.
• Must be licensed to practice law in Texas by State Bar of Texas and be in good standing.
• A minimum of seven (7) years progressively responsible local government law experience with at least three (3) years of experience practicing municipal law and working directly with local governing bodies.
• Possession of a valid Texas driver’s license.
Preferred qualifications include:
• Familiarity with the issues facing high growth communities and a strong knowledge base of land use, municipal utility districts, public improvement districts, and economic development law.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability and willingness to consider differing opinions while rendering independent, unbiased legal guidance. The incoming City Attorney will maintain awareness of the political environment but not engage in local politics. Advice and opinions rendered must be sound, ethical, and place protection of the organization above all other considerations.
Please apply online at: http://bit.ly/SGROpenRecruitments
For more information on this position contact:
Mark McDaniel, Senior Vice President