Human Resource & Risk Management
Houston, TX 77002
https://agency.governmentjobs.com//harriscountytx/default.cfm invites applications for the position of:
OPENING DATE: 04/04/19
CLOSING DATE: 04/25/19 11:59 PM
SALARY: Depends on qualifications
Upon initial appointment, the incumbent will be assigned under a temporary employment contract with the possibility of continuing on as a full-time permanent employee.
Under the direction of an Assistant County Attorney, the Compliance Legal Assistant performs specifically delegated substantive legal work. Such work requires a sufficient knowledge of legal principles and procedures that, absent such person, an attorney or a paralegal would be required to perform the task.
Detailed Tasks and Responsibilities
• Posts all revenue payments received in the Harris County Attorney’s Office
• Confirms that all checks are logged accordingly
• Collects the appropriate files in order to post payments within the database
• Reads and interprets judgments to verify that revenue is allocated correctly
• Ensures checks are routed for payment to the correct Harris County Departments
• Delivers checks to the Harris County Treasurer’s Office, the Tax Office, the District Clerk’s Office, Juvenile Courts and JP Courts twice a week or as needed
• Works closely with customers, assisting them by providing balances on files and mailing out payment receipts, as needed
• Assists customers and clients in tracing checks, money orders or fees that have been paid at other County entities
• Maintains close communication with Harris County Clients
• Provides Compliance Database Reports to Harris County Auditors on a monthly basis
• Engages in regular communication with Harris County Auditors
• Ensures and prepares monthly report along with receipts to be presented and ready for internal auditing
• Enters Fee Office Payments in database as needed for different case types
• Reviews CVA and HOT Reports for accuracy with assigned Attorney on a monthly basis
• Sends out monthly reports
• Assists attorneys in providing reports as needed
• Works closely with the LawBase Program, serving as their point of contact in the Accounting Procedures
• Opens cases in the database
• Performs other tasks as needed
• A minimum of one
(1) year as a paralegal or legal assistant
• A minimum of one (1) year of professional experience handling matters related to Finance and/or Accounting
• Associate’s Degree
or higher in Paralegal Studies
• Paralegal Certificate
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a Business-related field
• Prior paralegal experience with the Office of the Harris County Attorney
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. “See Resume” will not be accepted for qualifications.
LOCATION: Downtown – Houston, TX 77002
HOURS: Monday through Friday • 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
SALARY: Will be discussed at interview
Employment is contingent upon passing a background check. Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date or at the discretion of the Hiring Department.
Harris County has an Employment-at-Will Policy.
Employment is contingent on passing a criminal background check.
Upon receiving a conditional Offer of Employment, all applicants are screened for the presence of illegal drugs.