MONTGOMERY COUNTY JOB POSTING NOTICE
DO NOT CONTACT THE DEPT DIRECTLY
MONTGOMERY COUNTY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CLOSE THIS POSTING WITHOUT NOTICE.
DEPARTMENT: District Attorney JOB GRADE: 11
JOB TITLE: Coordinator-Victim Assistance SALARY: $58,843.20
LOCATION: 207 W. Phillips, 2nd Floor (Conroe, TX) CIVIL SERVICE: No
SHIFT HOURS: Monday – Friday (8:00am – 5:00pm)
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS: Montgomery County
Human Resources Department ADDRESS: 501 N. Thompson, Ste. 400 Conroe, TX 77301
PHONE: (936) 539 – 7886 FAX: (936) 788-8396
E-MAIL: [email protected]
OFFICE HOURS: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00 pm (Friday: Closed from 12:00pm – 1:00pm)
To be considered for this position a completed Montgomery County Application and Resume are REQUIRED.
You must FIRST take the Montgomery County Clerical Test and pass with the required scores before you can submit an application for this position.
*A VALID PICTURE ID IS REQUIRED TO TAKE CLERICAL TEST!
TEST TYPE & SCORE REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
Typing: 40 wpm Admin: 80% Math: 80% Word: 80% Excel: 80%
Request Clerical Testing:
Send request by email to: [email protected]
Subject Line: Clerical Testing
Include in body of email: Last name, First name
WATCH YOUR EMAIL
An email with your clerical test invitation will be sent to you. Follow instructions provided in email.
*Please allow up to 72 hours for human resource to respond*
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
• College Degree in Criminal Justice/Victim Studies/Social Work REQUIRED
• Master’s Degree (preferred but not required)
• Bilingual/Spanish (preferred but not required)
• Ability to appropriately handle sensitive information
• Analytical thinking, good writing skills
• Good emotional control over self and ability to read and understand the emotions of others • Compassionate and able to empathize with crime victims
• Ability to organize information and maintain deadlines
• Good interpersonal relations including ability to explain difficult concepts in stressful situations
• Good character
Primary Job Duties
• Daily contact with victims (in person, email and phone)
• Track and attend court settings with victims
• Provide counsel and support to victims of crime • Assist prosecutors with victim contact/meetings
• De-escalate tense and stressful situations
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
After receiving a conditional offer of employment, applicant must pass a drug screen (1/2 cost = $20.00, responsibility of applicant) and may need a physical agility test (1/2 cost = $22.50, responsibility of applicant) before becoming an employee of Montgomery County.
Position Number: 4351-7610-4 Requisition Number: 3163
Date Posted: 10-05-2022
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer