DEPARTMENT: DISTRICT ATTORNEY
SUPERVISOR: Administrative Assistant
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time / Non-exempt
**Please complete an application and attach a resume online at www.randallcounty.com**
This position requires knowledge of family law court proceedings and legal terminology. The secretary has sufficient knowledge of Child Protective Service cases, court orders and is to provide information to other individuals and agencies. This person must maintain discretion in communications without jeopardizing pending matters or without creating liability for people or agencies involved. The secretary performs work independently; receives detailed instructions only when procedures are changed. The secretary is also responsible for preparation of legal documents, filing, correspondence, and all other secretarial duties which may be required by the prosecutor or investigator. Starting salary is approximately $43,150.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and format.
- Proficiency in typing (40/50 WPM).
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Computer literate, with proficiency in Windows, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge in composing emails.
- Professional attitude and appearance
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Respond to public inquiries and co-workers in courteous manner.
- Provide information to individuals and agencies involved in each case.
- Type legal documents, correspondence, and reports which require knowledge of legal terminology and format.
- Assemble and organize information on each case for use by the attorney.
- Operate computer, scanner, and copy machine.
- Maintain accurate calendar of daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly office and court activities
- Maintain office files according to predetermined categories; filing of documents, reports, records, correspondence, and pull files upon request
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment and perform several tasks at once.
- Ability to work after/before regular business hours and/or overtime as job requires.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
High interaction with staff members, the public , media, District and County Courts, Law Enforcement Agencies, defendants, and Probation
The Randall County District Attorney’s Office does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or handicapped status in the employment or the provision of services.