|Job Title:||D.A.R.E. instructor||Job Category:|
|Department/Group:||District Attorney’s Office||Job Code/ Req#:|
|Level/Salary Range:||Minimum $58,978 per Year; Plus Certificate Pay||Position Type:||Full time|
|HR Contact:||Ivan Pearce||Date posted:|
|Will Train Applicant(s):||Yes||Posting Expires:|
|Original Applications Accepted By:|
|Mail or In Person: |
Liberty County District Attorney’s Office
ATTN: Ivan Pearce
1923 Sam Houston, Suite 112
Liberty, Texas 77575
|Role and Responsibilities|
Administrator of D.A.R.E. Program at area schools:
– Schedule class time with each school district.
– Classroom preparation and instruction.
– Schedule and Conduct Graduation Ceremonies for each school.
– Trial and Grand Jury Preparation Support Assistant District Attorneys in interviewing and subpoenaing witnesses.
– Assist county, state, and federal law enforcement agencies with criminal investigations as needed. Interviewing suspects, witnesses and victims, report writing, and assisting with search warrants as needed.
– Standard working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
– Investigator may occasionally be asked to work hours other than standard working hours for investigative purposes.
– Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
– These are the main duties assigned to this position but are not limited as the only duties.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
– Basic Peace Officer Certification.
– Excellent Communication Skills
– Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
– Minimum 5 years full time law enforcement experience
– Preferred Skills Spanish Speaking – preferred – not required.