Employer: Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office
Location: Richmond, Texas
The Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office is seeking a Deputy Chief Investigator to assist the Chief Investigator in leading the division and supervising 20 investigators.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the Chief Investigator and outside law enforcement agencies with criminal case information.
- Assists the Chief Investigator with supervising the investigators and administrative staff with daily assignments and decisions; Provides managerial support to the Investigations Division in the absence of the Chief Investigator.
- Assists the Chief Investigator with establishing and implementing new operational policies, procedures and duties.
- Oversees TCOLE training for investigators within the office and maintain official training records; Coordinates in-service training sessions for investigators; Assists with new employee and probationary training; Assists with training programs for area law enforcement.
- Provides case investigation/preparation support to investigators, as needed.
- Assists with management of grant-funded positions, including applications, renewal documentation, reporting and meeting with regional CJD personnel.
- Liaison between office personnel and local, state and federal law enforcement agencies and resources; Monitors local, state and federal criminal justice computer databases and resources.
- Conducts investigations by collecting evidence and records for trials, conducting witness and complainant interviews, locating witnesses, serving subpoenas, citations, protective orders, warrants, attachments and forfeitures and providing transportation and protection of victims and witnesses.
- Prepares court exhibits/enhanced case development of evidentiary presentations through multimedia equipment and digital technology.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other agencies, public and elected officials as well as maintain confidentiality of current and past complaints and investigations.
- Attends community meetings to receive public input on concerns relevant to intelligence within that region and makes presentations to community or educational organizations.
Ten years’ experience as a criminal investigator. Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field (can substitute five additional years law enforcement experience as a criminal investigator for degree). Master TCOLE Certification. Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred. Good computer and typing skills; working knowledge of spreadsheet, word-processing and database software. Good verbal and written communication and organizational skills. Good interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with the public, other employees, and elected officials. Ability to complete projects in a timely manner. Knowledge of TLETS/NLETS, TCIC/NCIC and JIMS/HPD computer databases. Firearms Certification.
Fort Bend County is one the most ethnically diverse counties in the United States. Located thirty-five minutes from downtown Houston, our county offers big city services with hometown hospitality. Pay starts at $72,182.16 annually with a great benefits package. Offers subject to an application/interview process, background check, and drug test. Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume to Chief Investigator Edward Gordon at [email protected].