JOB TITLE: DISTRICT ATTORNEY INVESTIGATOR
DEPARTMENT: MADISON COUNTY CRIMINAL DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
LOCATION: 101 MAIN STREET, MADISONVILLE, TEXAS 77864
DATE POSTED: 10/2/2023
CLOSING DATE: UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
SALARY: $60,000 to $70,000 or based on experience
Investigators are responsible for all law enforcement officer functions of the office. They provide security to the other office personnel in the courtroom and in the field. They conduct investigations of criminal activity within Madison County. They assist Attorneys with follow-up investigation of submitted cases and aide in the preparation of cases for Court. They communicate with local law enforcement regarding cases.
- Conduct follow-up investigation on submitted cases as assigned.
- Assist in redacting and copying digital evidence for Discovery process.
- Assist with preparation of trial exhibits.
- Serve subpoenas for State witnesses.
- Provide courtroom security, assist with Court paperwork and provide technology support during trial.
- Locate additional witnesses.
- Conduct follow-up interviews with witnesses
- Accompany Attorneys and Crime Victim personnel to witness meetings.
- Testify in trial as needed.
- Work with local law enforcement agencies on criminal investigations to ensure successful prosecution.
- Manage crime scene or complex Investigations as needed.
- Be available 24 hours a day to provide guidance to LEOs in the field handling cases
- Coordinate evidence with law enforcement agencies during trial preparation
- Assist LEOs with legal document preparation to include: probable cause statements, search warrants, seizure affidavits
- Assist in getting evidence and witnesses to the Courtroom
- Review CCHs for jury panels
- Any task assigned by District Attorney
REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION AND WORK HISTORY:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Advanced or Master Peace Officer License
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Texas Peace Officer.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Police Supervision or Criminal Investigations. Time may be combined between these positions.
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient knowledge of Texas Penal Code, Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, and TDCAA Charging Manual
- Must pass an annual firearms qualification mandated by TCOLE
- Must maintain required continuing education bi-annually as required by TCOLE
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Benefits include Health Insurance for the employee, Retirement benefits, paid vacation, sick and Holiday pay.
Applications can be found at www.co.madison.tx.us
Please send Cover Letter and Resume via email only to Courtney Cain, Madison County District Attorney, at [email protected].
Madison County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.