SALARY: $78,000 to $82,000 depending on experience and responsibilities.
BENEFITS: Excellent health and retirement benefits provided through Wharton County. State Bar dues, CLE and membership in TDCAA paid by the District Attorney’s Office.
CLOSING DATE: Until position is filled
The Wharton County District Attorney’s Office is in search of a full-time prosecutor dedicated to family violence cases in felony and misdemeanor court. This position is funded by a grant. Position is available immediately and duties will depend upon experience. Wharton is located 35 miles southwest of Sugar Land, Texas. The office currently consists of the elected district attorney, three assistant district attorneys, two investigators and five support staff members.
This is a perfect opportunity for a lawyer who is passionate about domestic abuse cases. This person must be a self-starter, organized, positive, motivated, and a team player.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Review and evaluate new incoming cases
- Perform legal research
- Preparing for hearings and trials
- Appearances in Justice of the Peace, Misdemeanor and two Felony Court
- Establish and maintain an effective professional working relationship with District Attorney office personnel, other county employees and officials, court personnel, private attorneys, and the general public.
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school
- Must be licensed and in good standing with the State of Texas.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and completed Wharton County Employment Application to Wharton County District Attorney’s Office via email to [email protected] or U.S. Mail to 327 East Milam Street, Wharton Texas 77488, ATTN: Mark Racer. No phone calls please.
The Wharton County Employment Application may be accessed via this link: http://www.co.wharton.tx.us/default.aspx?Wharton_County/Jobs.OpeningsWharton County is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability or national origin.