SALARY: $70,000 to $80,00 depending on experience and responsibilities.
BENEFITS: Excellent health and retirement benefits provided through Wharton County. State Bar dues, CLE and membership in TDCAA paid by the District Attorney’s Office.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
The Wharton County District Attorney’s Office is in search of a felony full-time prosecutor. Position is available immediately and duties will depend upon experience. The office currently consists of the elected district attorney, two assistant district attorneys, an investigator and four support staff members.
This is a perfect opportunity to create a niche for an experienced prosecutor who enjoys being in the courtroom, has a passion for trying cases and seeking justice. The right person must be a self-starter, organized, positive, motivated, and a team player.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Review and evaluate incoming cases
- Manage a felony case load
- Perform legal research
- Preparing for hearings and trials
- Establish and maintain an effective professional working relationship with the District Attorney office personnel, law enforcement, other county employees and officials, court personnel, private attorneys, and the general public.
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school
- Must be licensed and in good standing with the State of Texas
- Significant criminal jury trial experience preferred
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Spanish speaker preferred, but not required.
Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and completed Wharton County Employment Application to Wharton County District Attorney’s Office via email to [email protected] or U.S. Mail to 327 East Milam Street, Wharton Texas 77488, ATTN: Dawn Allison, District Attorney. No phone calls please.
The Wharton County Employment Application may be accessed via this link: http://www.co.wharton.tx.us/default.aspx?Wharton_County/Jobs.OpeningsWharton County is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability or national origin.