The Burleson County Attorney’s Office in Caldwell, Texas has a full-time job opening for:
ASSISTANT COUNTY ATTORNEY
Position duties include:
- Case intake;
- Work with law enforcement when additional documentation may be needed;
- Attend dockets, court hearings, and plea bargain negotiations; note: all dockets are in person
- Investigation and preparation for trial;
- Respond promptly to Court personnel, attorneys, law enforcement and victims as to status of cases.
- Felony dockets and CPS dockets
Starting Salary full time position: $70,000 – $75,000, full county benefits including paid health insurance for employee, CLE, State Bar dues, paid holidays, vacation and retirement program
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Juris Doctorate degree from accredited law school;
- Must be currently licensed by the State Bar of Texas to practice law and in good standing;
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check; Clean drug test required at hiring
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative on projects with little supervision;
- Excellent writing, grammar, proofreading skills and overall attention to detail;
- Strong calendaring skills;
- Well organized and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment; must be able to multi-task, possess excellent communication skills (written and oral) and be able to work in a team environment.
Recent law school graduates, awaiting either bar exam results or to take the bar, will also be considered.
You may apply in person at: the Burleson County Treasurer’s office or print an application from the county website at: co.burleson.tx.us and file it with the County Treasurer’s Office. Please include a cover letter and resume if submitting an application. You may also submit your resume to: [email protected]
Posting date: 05/11/2023
Closing date: when position is filled