Position: First Assistant Misdemeanor Prosecutor
Department: Chambers County Attorney’s Office
Location: Anahuac, Texas
Salary: $90,000 – $95,000 annually (contingent upon experience), plus benefits
Supervisor: County Attorney
The Chambers County Attorney’s Office is accepting applications to fill the First Assistant position, with an available start date of January 4, 2021.
Responsibilities will include all aspects of misdemeanor prosecution, including intake of cases, plea negotiations, witness preparation, interaction with law enforcement and victims, trial preparation, pretrial motions, probation revocations and related legal research.
This position is also a supervisor, responsible for monitoring and evaluating the work of other prosecuting attorneys.
– Must be a graduate of an accredited school of law.
– Five (5) years of prosecution experience required.
– Significant jury trial experience preferred.
– Experience managing other employees preferred.
– Must have knowledge of criminal law, procedure and rules of evidence.
– Must have knowledge of the principals and methods of legal research.
– Must be able to conduct self in a professional manner, and develop/maintain good working relationships with visitors, co-workers, judges and County officials.
– Must pass a pre-employment physical exam and drug test paid for by Chambers County.
– Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation conducted by Chambers County.
Please send Resumes by email or postal carrier to:
[email protected] or
Chambers County Attorney’s Office
P.O. Box 1200
Anahuac, Texas, 77514
(Please include a County Employment Application, which may be requested at www.co.chambers.tx.us/page/HR)
CHAMBERS COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, AGE, SEX, RELIGION, DISABILITY OR NATIONAL ORIGIN.
Posting Date: 12/09/2020
Closing Date: When position is filled