Position: Fraud Examiner
Employer: Galveston County Criminal District Attorney’s Office
Location: Galveston, TX
The Galveston County Criminal District Attorney’s Office will have an opening for a fraud examiner effective March 17, 2022.
This position assists trial attorneys in the investigation and prosecution of all types of white-collar crimes (swindles, frauds, thefts, insurance fraud, misapplications, mortgage fraud, etc.) and asset forfeitures.
Major duties include:
- Interviewing individuals who are victims, witnesses, and suspects for the purpose of:
- Determining the criminal potential of each complaint.
- Developing all facets of any criminal schemes and obtaining statements and documentary evidence to establish the commission of a crime.
- Tracing assets to criminal activity for asset forfeiture.
- Review and analyze financial records to identify and trace stolen funds to their final disposition.
- Preparation of evaluation reports and evidentiary exhibits to assist prosecutors in grand jury presentations and at trial, including giving witness testimony.
- Testifying as an expert witness.
- Report writing.
- Excellent writing and grammatical abilities in order to logically and easily explain complex criminal schemes.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to identify the various criminal violations represented by the suspects’ activities (knowledge of the pertinent criminal statutes will be gained through on the job training).
- Knowledge of accounting, banking and general business procedures are preferred.
- An inquisitive mind and an ability to follow “paper trails” left by financial transactions.
- Must possess at least a bachelor’s degree, with graduate degree or working towards one preferred and/or experience in auditing, financial analysis, or fraud investigations.
Annual salary is $57,719.
Submit resumes and references via email or mail to:
First Assistant Criminal District Attorney
600 59th Street, Suite 1001
Galveston, Texas 77551