The Angelina County District Attorney’s Office has an immediate opening for an investigator.
- Provide assistance to prosecutors with case evaluation and intake
- Provide assistance to prosecutors with follow-up investigation as needed
- Identify and locate victims and/or witnesses
- Apply for and serve grand jury subpoenas
- Apply for and serve trial subpoenas
- Prepare requests for and maintain possession of certified business records
- Coordinate law enforcement personnel and trial witnesses
- Conduct criminal history checks on all State’s prospective jurors, witnesses and defendant
- Assist prosecutors in jury selection and trial as needed
- Perform other office tasks and duties as assigned
The base salary for this position is $47500 plus certificate pay. Final salary will be determined based up the experience of the selected applicant. Applicant must be a certified Texas peace officer and in good standing with TCOLE. The position includes paid health insurance, retirement benefits through TDCRS, and paid TCOLE training.
The Angelina County District Attorney’s Office is located in Lufkin, Texas.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and references to via email to District Attorney Janet Cassels at [email protected].