Job Title: Investigator Office: Anderson County Criminal District Attorney Date posted: 7/31/23 Palestine, TX
Close date: when filled Start date: 9/15/23
Salary: $58,200 + certification pay
Function as Investigator for Criminal District Attorney’s Office and serve as liaison for local law enforcement agencies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist prosecutors with trial preparation
- Witness location and subpoena service
- Assist outside agencies with investigations
- Review law enforcement reports/investigations for completeness
- Provide security for State prosecutors, witnesses and victims during court proceedings
- Testify at trials or hearings if necessary
- Obtain criminal records as needed for prosecution
- Maintain professional demeanor with all citizens and/or business professionals
- Perform other law enforcement duties as assigned
Education, Know1edge, Skill, and Ability Required
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice or related course of study or equivalent related work experience in a certified law enforcement agency Five-year minimum experience
- Graduate of the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education program (TCOLE certified).
- Working knowledge of Penal Code and Code of Criminal Procedure
- Demonstrated ability to conduct detailed independent investigations
- Valid Texas driver’s license
Resumes or posting inquiries may be forwarded via email to [email protected]
- Subject to working beyond the normal work week including weekends and holidays.
- Subject to certain risks that could be harmful and/or life threatening.
- Occasional travel required.
Note: The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and ability required to do the job. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job.