Employer: Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office
Location: Richmond, Texas
The Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office is seeking an Investigator to assist prosecutors in preparation of cases for trial by evaluation and analysis of investigative work presented by law enforcement agencies. The position will be assigned to support a court(s) prosecution team.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts timely investigations in preparation for the establishment of trial ready cases. Assists prosecutors in preparation of cases for trial by evaluation and analysis of investigative work by law enforcement agencies.
- Locates and interviews witnesses, victims, and other persons involved in criminal investigations; Collects and records evidence; Seizes contraband and arrests violators when necessary.
- Reviews criminal cases as assigned in determining course of action to be followed.
- Photographs crime scenes and crime victims; May fingerprint suspects in order to verify identity.
- Provides security, including transportation, for victims and witnesses during courtroom appearances and proceedings.
- Conducts grand jury investigations by collecting and analyzing evidence/data. Testifies in court when necessary and is responsible for the transfer of evidence introduced in trial.
- Assists in preparation and presentation of both grand jury presentation and courtroom trial material. Copies existing audio and visual recordings and prepares other court exhibits using multimedia resources.
- Serves and assists with subpoenas, citations, arrest and search warrants.
- Assists the Chief Investigator and outside law enforcement agencies with criminal case information.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other agencies, public and elected officials as well as maintain confidentiality of current and past complaints and investigations.
- Attends community meetings to receive public input on concerns relevant to intelligence within that region and makes presentations to community or educational organizations on the topic of gangs.
High School Diploma/GED; 30 semester hours from an accredited college/university or two years active duty military experience preferred. Intermediate TCOLE Certification. Five years law enforcement experience, with at least two years of investigative experience. Good computer and typing skills; working knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and database software. Good verbal and written communication and organizational skills. Good interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with the public, other employees, and elected officials. Ability to complete projects in a timely manner. Knowledge of TLETS/NLETS, TCIC/NCIC and JIMS/HPD computer databases. Firearms Certification.
Fort Bend County is one the most ethnically diverse counties in the United States. Located thirty-five minutes from downtown Houston, our county offers big city services with hometown hospitality. Pay starts at $2,184.80 biweekly with a great benefits package. Offers subject to an application/interview process, background check, and drug test. Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume to Chief Investigator Edward Gordon at [email protected].