The 81st Judicial District Attorney’s Office is seeking a certified, experienced K9 school officer. Our office covers Atascosa, Wilson, Karnes, Frio and LaSalle Counties. The office is located at 1105 A Street in Floresville.
- Responsible for performing random K9 searches at 17 independent school districts throughout the judicial district
- Responds to calls from campuses timely
- Investigates offenses occurring relating to K9 search, including collecting and preserving evidence, obtaining written statements and preparing offense reports.
- Arrests perpetrators, files appropriate charges, and ensure placement within jail or juvenile detention facility
- Testify in court as needed
- Work effectively with other law enforcement agencies to share information and assist in investigations
- Operate all equipment including firearms, district vehicle, radio, and other safety equipment properly
- Compile and maintain all reports, records, and documents required
- On call 24/7
- Work interdiction during summers/school holidays
- Strenuous walking, climbing, prolonged driving, moderate lifting, ability to work outside with exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather
- Responsible for completing and maintaining K9 training, as well as maintaining the well-being of the K9 officer
- Minimum 3 years law enforcement, as TCOLE certified peace officer.
- Background in investigations preferred.
- Active TCOLE certification K9 Officer
- Clear and Valid driver’s license
- Able to pass a thorough background check
Salary: This is a pilot program funded by the Office of the Governor, Starting salary is up to $47,000 commensurate with experience. Retirement, vacation, and health insurance is included. Vehicle, equipment, and firearms are provided. TCOLE training is provided.
Deadline: August 26, 2019
Please email your resume to:
Audrey Gossett Louis
81st Judicial District Attorney