The Liberty County Attorney’s Office has two openings for mental health officers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and Transport mental health patients;
- Execute mental health warrants;
- Assist local agencies with mental health calls;
- Be available for possible call outs;
- Conduct Threat assessment on known persons with mental illness
- Conduct follow up investigations and make referrals on chronic mentally ill persons
- Prepare detailed original and supplemental offense reports
- Conduct follow-up investigations on all deployments that involved a person in a mental health crisis
- These are the main duties assigned to this position but are not limited as the only duties.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma;
- Intermediate Peace Officer Certification;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Good attitude when dealing with public;
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access;
- Self-motivator, self-starter with excellent organization skills
- Must possess or obtain upon selection Mental Health Peace Officer (40hrs/MHPO/CIT)
- Minimum 2 years law enforcement experience
- Spanish Speaking
An extensive background investigation of each applicant, including a complete review of any and all criminal history information, will be conducted. A satisfactory drug test will be required as a condition of employment.
Please see the Word document below for more info and how to apply.