The Harris County District Attorney’s Office has an opening in the General Litigation Division for a Misdemeanor #2 or Felony #3 prosecutor. The ADAs in the General Litigation Division advise the staff on various legal issues and handle civil litigation, records requests, expunctions, fugitive proceedings and hearings involving Brady issues, out of state witnesses, contempt and recusal proceedings and other issues.
General knowledge of Texas criminal justice system is important. Some civil litigation, Public Information Act, and/or research and writing skills are a plus.
• Representation of the State in out-of-state fugitive extradition proceedings
• Representation of the District Attorney in state district court proceedings to expunge arrest and prosecution records, or oppose such. This includes screening and guidance for defense attorneys and pro se petitioners and handling any appeals that stem from State District Court proceedings.
• Management of the District Attorney’s records via Public Information Act Requests and Subpoenas
• Representation of the District Attorney in miscellaneous litigation, including:
- Representation of individual members of the staff in civil litigation in state court.
- Representation of the District Attorney and the Harris County District Attorney’s Office in civil litigation in state court.
- Representation of the staff related to subpoenas and depositions including filing motions to quash.
- Representation of the State in criminal contempt prosecutions – both as prosecutors and defense of staff members.
- Processing out-of-state witness subpoena requests
PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO APPLY: