ROCKWALL COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
The purpose of this position is to provide a high level of investigative support to prosecutors of the Rockwall County DA’s Office. This requires working with prosecutors and other office staff, communicating with victims, managing a significant caseload, and coordinating the complex details of prosecution before, during, and after trial.
- Possess a T.C.O.L.E. Intermediate, Advanced or Master Peace Officer Certification.
- Current Firearms qualification.
- Prior law enforcement investigative experience.
- Possess a current valid driver’s license.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide for the security of D.A. Office staff in the office, courtroom and in the field.
- Maintain knowledge and use of computer programs, information sources and contacts.
- Assist and act as liaison between the Rockwall County Criminal District Attorney’s Office and law enforcement agencies as necessary.
- Perform related duties and special assignments/projects as required under the direction of the District Attorney and the Chief Criminal Investigator.
- Assist Prosecutors throughout the criminal justice process, specifically in the preparation of cases for trial including:
- Identifying significant factors, witnesses, and/or solutions for presenting evidence in court.
- Reviewing, developing, and locating case evidence, including obtaining arrest, offense/supplemental reports, NCIC/TCIC criminal histories, military records, etc.
- Obtaining certified copies of medical records, CPS records, etc.
- Obtaining photographs, videos, statements, affidavits, etc.
- Locating and contacting witnesses.
- Participating in witness and victim interviews.
- Coordinating court appearances and witness transport to and from court.
- Reviewing prospective juror lists.
- Conducting investigations using social media and other internet platforms.
- Applying for and serving subpoenas in and out of Rockwall County and out of state as necessary.
- Testifying during trial, when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of legal terminology and criminal justice system practices and procedures.
- Ability to utilize effective organizational time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and with short deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with victims in highly traumatic and/or stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Effective investigative interview skills.
Position is located primarily in an office environment with little or no exposure to environmental conditions. Health and safety hazards are minimal. Required protective equipment includes firearm and bulletproof vest. Fine dexterity, sitting, hearing, talking and vision are constantly required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications are available on the Rockwall County website at www.rockwallcountytexas.com or at the Rockwall County Human Resources Department (915 Whitmore Dr. Suite D) located on the east side of the building.