The Burleson County Attorney’s Office has a Part-time job opening for:
PART-TIME ASSISTANT COUNTY ATTORNEY
The job duties include: Performing legal work necessary to effectively represent Burleson County in CPS matters, including:
- Attending Court hearings
- Attending CPS meeting, including PC, FGC and other meetings as needed
- Attending mediation
- Managing cases from intake to final resolution, including trial if necessary
The hours are flexible, but Mondays are docket days. The position will begin when filled.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Juris Doctorate degree from accredited law school;
- Must be currently licensed by the State Bar of Texas to practice law and in good standing;
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check;
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative on projects with little supervision;
- Excellent writing, grammar, proofreading skills and overall attention to detail;
- Strong calendaring skills;
- Well organized and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment; must be able to multi-task, possess excellent communication skills (written and oral) and be able to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with staff, law enforcement, probation officers, victims, witnesses and other attorneys.
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to ethical prosecution.
- Bi-lingual is a plus
- CPS Experience a plus
Salary is dependent on experience. Since this is a part-time position there are no benefits provided. However there is the opportunity to practice law outside this position
Apply in person at: the Burleson County Treasurer’s office or print an application from the county website at: co.burleson.tx.us and file it with the County Treasurer’s Office. Please include a cover letter and resume.
Posting date: 06/08/2021
Closing date: when position is filled