PT Municipal Court Prosecutor Closing Date: March 18, 2020
To apply visit: https://pearland.applicantpro.com/jobs/1363982.html
Salary: $31.65 – $ 39.00/hr DOQ
Schedule: Primarily Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The City of Pearland is looking for a Part-time Municipal Prosecutor!
As the Part-time Municipal Prosecutor you will prosecute Class “C” misdemeanors in Municipal Court of Record; represent the City and State in bond forfeiture proceedings in the Municipal Court of Record, advise peace officers, enforcement officers and others employees regarding legal and enforcement procedures; conduct legal and investigative research; assist other members of the Legal Department as directed.
Your daily functions will include:
- Prosecuting Class “C” misdemeanors in Municipal Court of Record and appeals to the County Court.
- Preparing trial notebooks, draft Complaints, motions briefs, orders and memoranda.
- Representing the City and State in bond forfeiture proceedings in the Municipal Court of Record.
- Researching, reviewing, and analyzing applicable statutes and case law and advise police officers, enforcement officers and others regarding legal issues pertaining to detection, investigation, and prosecution of criminal cases and enforcement actions; provide training to police and enforcement officers and others regarding changes in law and procedure.
- Complying with continuing legal education requirements established by the State Bar of Texas and all other requirements to maintain law license.
- Contributing to team effort by performing other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor degree and Juris Doctorate/LL.B. from an ABA accredited law school is required.
- Previous criminal law experience, preferably as a prosecutor for a city or county, is preferred.
- Previous municipal law experience preferred.
- A Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License is required.
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Texas with membership in good standing with the State Bar of Texas.