The Williamson County District Attorney’s Office is looking for a Receptionist to add to our professional and experienced administrative support staff. We are looking for the finest talent in the State to come work for us in the greatest County in Texas. We are located in Central Texas and our major cities include Georgetown, Round Rock, Cedar Park, and Leander. The salary will be commensurate with experience. This posting will remain open until the position is filled. If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward a cover letter with your resume to [email protected].
Provides administrative assistance to the public and to the Williamson County District Attorney’s Office.
- Greets visitors at the District Attorney’s Office reception area.
- Provides general information and assistance to visitors, in person and by phone.
- Answers multi-line telephone, directs calls, and communicates messages.
- Maintains discovery media and distributes to defense attorneys.
- Operates postage machine to process outgoing mail.
- Collects and distributes incoming mail.
- Type and enter data with efficiency and accuracy.
- Operate copy machine.
- Operate fax machine.
- Communicate and correspond in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Dependable, responsible, and follows direction.
- Work independently with initiative requiring little direct supervision.
- Attend regularly scheduled training sessions.
- Regular attendance is essential for this position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bilingual – Spanish.
- Proficient with standard office equipment including telephone, scanner, fax, and copier.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Windows and Word, Excel, Power Point software.
- Experience working in a District Attorney Office, County Government, and/or State Agency.
- Sitting at a desk or other workstation for extended periods.
- Work at a computer and telephone for extended periods.
- Work is indoors in an air-conditioned, smoke-free office.
- Daily contact with public.
- Tobacco-free workplace.
- Reports directly to the Office Administrator.
- Direct Reports – none.