Employer: Bexar County Criminal District Attorney’s Office
Location: San Antonio, TX
Position: Transaction Attorney (This position is not covered under Civil Service) – District Attorney
Salary: $7,768.00 per month
Under general direction of the Civil Section Chief, this attorney will be responsible for representing the County in all business transactions including:
- Providing legal advice to the County elected officials and County staff in the County departments, including community resources, emergency management, public works, facilities, information technology, judicial services and law enforcement (both Sheriff and Constable Offices).
- Negotiating, drafting and completing a wide variety of contracts, including construction agreements, real estate agreements, software implementation agreements, professional service agreements, and vendor/supplier contracts.
- Conducting legal research and drafting legal opinions.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Doctorate of Jurisprudence, and be licensed to practice in the State of Texas.
- Must have a minimum of seven years of transaction experience.
- Extensive experience in negotiating and drafting contracts (particularly real estate transactions), legal research, and drafting legal opinions.
- Public sector-experience preferred.
- May be required to work more than 40 hours during the work week.
How to apply
Must submit a resume of previous working experience to:
Bexar County Criminal District Attorney’s Office
101 W. Nueva – Suite 727,
San Antonio, Texas 78205
Or Fax: (210) 335-2773.
Interested attorneys should contact Larry Roberson, Chief of the Civil Section, at (210) 335-2141. Larry’s email address is: [email protected].