JOB TITLE: VICTIM ASSISTANCE COORDINATOR
DEPARTMENT: MADISON COUNTY CRIMINAL DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
LOCATION: 101 MAIN STREET, MADISONVILLE, TEXAS 77864
DATE POSTED: 11/8/2023
CLOSING DATE: 11/15/23
SALARY: $50,000 or based on experience
The Victim Assistance Coordinator is responsible for providing information and assistance to persons victimized in Felony and Misdemeanor cases.
- Provide information and assistance to victims as requested, ensuring that they are apprised of their Victim’s Rights.
- Provide assistance to victims during the court process.
- Sets up interviews with victims/witnesses and criminal district attorneys/police agencies and provide assistance during the interviews.
- On call, as needed, to visit with victim/witnesses in hospitals.
- Attend Forensic Interviews of victims.
- Monitor and provide victims with information regarding relevant court proceedings.
- Assist victims with Victim Impact Statements.
- Assist victims with Crime Victim Compensation process.
- Refer victims to appropriate social service agencies.
- Assist victims in establishing restitution totals.
- Notify victims of case dispositions.
- Prepares monthly statistical and grant reports.
- Provides training to law enforcement agencies, prosecutors, and to other agencies regarding victims’ rights.
- Coordinates community victim awareness events.
- Acts as liaison for office with other agencies involved in serving victims.
- Comprehensive knowledge of victims’ rights legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of the purposes, principles, terminology, and practices employed in courtroom proceedings and the judicial process.
- Must have the skills to multitask daily.
REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION AND WORK HISTORY:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Must have prior experience working with victims and/or victim services.
- Must have valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Benefits include Health Insurance for the employee, Retirement benefits, paid vacation, and sick and Holiday pay.
Madison County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.