Administrative Assistant III -- Paralegal
Salary Range Minimum: $2,840.94 Monthly
Job Number: 607-0271-020619
Date Open: February 6, 2019
Application Deadline: Until Filled
In order to be considered for employment with Hays County submit the following documents:
• Hays County Employment Application
• Cover Letter
Find Hays County Employment Applications at:
• Pre-printed forms at the Hays County Human Resources department
• Request PDF forms from [email protected] via email
You may submit your application documents in any of the following ways:
• Hand-deliver to 712 South Stagecoach Trail, Suite 1063, San Marcos, TX 78666
• Fax: 512-393-2227
• Email: [email protected]
Education and/or Experience
• Required Bachelor’s Degree, AND
• Certificate in Paralegal Studies, or the equivalent such as: master’s degree in legal studies, OR in the process of obtaining a paralegal certificate.
Other Qualifications, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Class C driver’s license.
• Bilingual preferred (Spanish and English).
• Paralegal certificate or related education or experience preferred.
• Attend and successfully complete TLETS training.
• Exceptional skill in the preparation and drafting of a variety of legal documents and correspondence using prescribed format and conforming to all rules.
• Exceptional skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, court personnel, Judges, elected officials attorneys, and the general public.
• Exceptional skill in reception, telephone etiquette, public relations including management of problematical emotional individuals
• Exceptional skill in documenting, reading, understanding and maintaining legal documents timely according to the Texas rules/codes of procedure.
• General skill in operating standard office equipment, such as personal computers, calculators, and telephones.
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Exceptional skill in managing a heavy workload without immediate supervision or direction.
• General skill in expressing oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Under general supervision, the Paralegal in the Civil Division of the Hays County Criminal District Attorney’s Office provides routine legal research, including document management. Screens, reviews, analyzes and organizes case-related material required for Court presentation and management in the Civil Courts. Performs a variety of administrative and clerical support functions for the Criminal District Attorney or an Assistant Criminal District Attorney to whom assigned. This position affects the accuracy, reliability and acceptability of further processes and services.
Hays County is an EEO employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Hays County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of background checks, including reference checks, criminal history, and driver’s license checks and driving history.
Individuals in this position serve at the pleasure of the current elected official.