Position: Assistant Criminal District Attorney – Appellate Prosecutor
Employer: Galveston County Criminal District Attorney’s Office
Location: Galveston, TX
The Galveston County Criminal District Attorney’s Office will have an opening for an Assistant Criminal District Attorney in its appellate division effective February 1, 2019.
Major duties include:
- Represents the State in appellate matters and any court proceedings related to post-conviction writs of habeas corpus.
- Investigates and secures evidence in relation to post-conviction writs.
- Investigates post-conviction actual innocence claims and takes appropriate actions based upon the results of the investigation.
- Reviews, investigates, and responds to any Chapter 64 request for post-conviction DNA analysis.
- Represents the State of Texas of Texas in any court proceedings related to expunction and non-disclosure petitions.
- Conducts legal research on complex legal issues as requested.
- Provides training regarding criminal law as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of law.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the ethical principles of law.
- Current membership in the State Bar of Texas.
- Able to report regularly for work and be on time.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of position usually associated with three years or more of experience.
Salary is $74,978 with County of Galveston benefits, as well as paid State Bar dues and CLE.
Submit resumes and references via email or mail to: